Empowering Hope & Healing Through Education
This is a staple in our house for when either Chad or I are having a bad pain day or if we are feeling sick or like we might get sick. It relieves nausea, boosts energy, is easy on the tummy, and when we are bloated it will help relieve gas. Simple, quick, and just what you need during flu season to get you through the day.
½ Teaspoon Lemon Juice
2 Medium Ginger Roots
3 Medium Turmeric Roots
6 Cloves of Garlic
1 Teaspoon Raw Honey
*To help ease congestion, add a dash of cayenne pepper while the tea boils.*
I make 3 or 4 batches at a time of this and store in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks (ours never lasts more than a few days).
1. In a food processor, pulse the ginger, turmeric, and garlic until minced. Put mix into a medium empty glass jar.
2. In a small saucepan add 3 cups of water and 1 tablespoon of the ginger, turmeric, and garlic mix, and the lemon juice and stir.
3. Bring to a boil on high heat. Boil for 6 minutes or until water is orangey-yellow.
4. Put the honey in an empty mug.
5. Strain the tea into the mug with honey in it and toss or compost the used tea mix.
6. Stir until the honey dissolves and allow the tea to cool as it will be very hot.