Empowering Hope & Healing Through Education
1 Cup Brown Sugar 1/8 TSP Ground Cloves
1 Tablespoon Flour
½ Teaspoon Nutmeg
½ Teaspoon Salt
1 ¼ Cup Milk
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
16 oz. Pumpkin Puree
1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
Pie Crust (Check out our almond crust in our blueberry cheesecake recipe, it works great for pumpkin pie)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix the flour, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg in a small bowl.
3. In a medium size bowl whisk the eggs, pumpkin puree, and milk until light and creamy.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix with a spoon. It is normal for the batter to look a little lumpy.
5. Pour the mixture into a pie crust and cook for 40 – 50 minutes or until the top is golden brown and spongy.
6. Cool on a rack for 2 hours and then chill in the fridge for several hours. We love to cook this the night before we are going to eat it since it is best served cold with a nice big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
5 Cup peeled, cored, and cut into thin strips Apples
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
½ Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
2 Tablespoon Flour
2/3 Cup Flour
¼ Cup Butter (frozen and cut
½ Cup Sugar into small squares)
1. Preheat oven 375 degrees.
2. Mix apples, vanilla, and lemon in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl mix the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. Combine the apple mix and sugar mix.
5. Pour apple mix into large casserole dish.
6. Combine all the topping ingredients into bowl mixing into crumbled into small pieces. Spread over the apple mix.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
8. Remove from oven, cover with aluminum foil, and bake an additional 10 minutes.
9. Allow to cool on an oven rack for 45 minutes.
1 Teaspoon Paprika
¼ Cup Dijon Mustard
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 ½ Cup Mayonnaise
1 Teaspoon Pepper
5 Cup Water
1. Put the eggs in the water and bring to a boil. Cook for 15 minutes.
2. Drain and rinse the eggs with cold water. Let the eggs sit in a cold-water bath for 10 minutes.
3. Peel the shell and cut in ½ placing the yolk in a bowl and the halves on a tray.
4. Add mustard, mayo, salt, pepper, and paprika to the cooked yolks.
5. Let the mix chill for at least 30 minutes, but preferably overnight.
6. Stuff the egg halves with the yolk mix and sprinkle with paprika.
1 1/3 Cup French Fried Onions
I Teaspoon Hoisin Sauce
4 Cup Green Beans (cooked)
½ Cup Milk
2 16 oz. Cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine green beans, cream of mushroom soup, hoisin sauce, and milk in a large casserole dish.
3. Bake for 25 minutes. Stir and top with French fried onions.
Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
1 TBSP Green Onions 2 TBSP Raw Honey
1 TBSP Thyme 1 TBSP Maple Syrup
¼ TSP Pepper 1 TSP Salt
2 TBSP Olive Oil 2 lb. Sliced Carrots
4 Cloves Minced Garlic ¼ Cup Butter
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Combine green onion, thyme, pepper, olive oil, honey, butter, maple syrup, salt, butter, and garlic in a medium saucepan. On medium heat bring sauce to a simmer.
3. Place the carrots in a large mixing bowl.
4. Remove sauce from heat and pour over the carrots, covering generously.
5. Place onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
1 Cup Flour
2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
¾ Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Greek Yogurt
2 Teaspoon Butter
3 Cloves Minced Garlic
1 Tablespoon Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Tablespoon Parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Add the yogurt and knead with your hands until well combined.
4. If the dough is still sticky add more flour.
5. Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil.
6. With the dough form long strips and then cross them over to form the knot shape. Place knots roughly ½” apart on the prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake the knots for 18 minutes.
8. Melt the butter in a medium skillet.
9. Remove the knots from the oven and toss in the butter on medium heat until golden brown.
10. Remove from pan and top with parmesan and parsley.
11. Place back in the oven for 2-5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
¾ Cup Sugar
½ Cup Water
½ Cup Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
12 oz. Cranberries
1 Piece Orange Peel
1 Cinnamon Stick
1. Combine sugar, orange juice, and water in large pan on medium heat.
2. Add cranberries, salt, cinnamon stick, and the orange peel. Bring to a simmer stirring frequently.
3. Remove the orange peel and cinnamon stick before serving.